Testosterone Replacement Therapy
WHAT IS TESTOSTERONE THERAPY?
• Maintain reproductive tissues*
• Stimulate sperm production*
• Stimulate and maintain sexual function*
• Increase muscle mass and strength*
• Maintain bone strength*
• Decrease risk of disease and death*
WHAT IS TESTOSTERONE?
Testosterone is the male sex hormone and is responsible for much more than mere sex drive. For instance, the presence of adequate testosterone in the bloodstream makes it more likely that the calories a man consumes will be converted into muscle rather than into belly fat. Testosterone can also deepen the voice, stimulate the production of facial hair, and contribute to a broad-shouldered, narrow-hipped physique.
However, testosterone levels tend to fall with age. As a 2008 study of testosterone and aging pointed out, “The symptoms of aging include tiredness, lack of energy, reduced strength, frailty, loss of libido, decreased sexual performance depression and mood change. Men with hypogonadism [a condition where the body doesn’t produce enough testosterone] experience similar symptoms. This raises the question of whether some symptoms of aging could be due to relative androgen deficiency.”
Supplementing testosterone with bioidentical testosterone is a way to replace testosterone lost due to falling production. This can benefit the body with results that are precisely the reverse of the symptoms mentioned above. Restoring testosterone to optimum levels can decrease fatigue, increase energy and strength, enhance libido and sexual performance, and contribute to mood stability.**
HOW DOES REJUVIME MEDICAL HELP?
We have several options for how to help our patients with their testosterone here at Rejuvime Medical.
- Testosterone supplements*
- HCG – This hormone works like Luteinizing Hormone (LH) to stimulate your own body’s production of extra testosterone.*
- Clomid – This is a drug that triggers your body’s production of hormones.*
- Anastrozole – This is a drug (also known by the brand name Arimidex) that helps to block the conversion of testosterone into estrogen.*
Fascinatingly, testosterone (and estrogen, for that matter) is technically a steroid hormone. Even more interestingly, it is synthesized from cholesterol, which is also a steroid. Many Americans view both cholesterol and steroids with a skeptical eye, as if they were dangerous substances. However, biologically, steroids are simply microscopic molecules with a specific structure made of 4 fused rings and various side chains. And cholesterol is a crucial molecule to human and animal cells, which only becomes a problem when a too-high amount of it in the blood contributes to artery buildup.
Did you know? Testosterone is a very important hormone for women too.
IS TESTOSTERONE THERAPY RIGHT FOR ME?
In order to determine if testosterone therapy is good for you, we will start will a consultation and a blood analysis. This comprehensive panel will let us determine your baseline, what you need to supplement, and how much you need to take.
TESTOSTERONE IS FOR BOTH MEN AND WOMEN
Both men and women have a naturally-occurring amount of testosterone in their bodies, though women only have a tiny amount compared to men. It’s important to have the right dose of testosterone for your unique needs, so set up an appointment at our clinic and let our doctors recommend which course of treatment is best for you. Schedule your visit today!
TEST RESULTS USUALLY BECOME AVAILABLE WITHIN ONE WEEK.
NEED TO KNOW:
- If currently on treatment, blood draws must be scheduled on your injection date for most accurate results.
- When doing a full blood panel, you are recommended to start fasting 8 hours prior.
- Do NOT inject testosterone of apply cream directly prior to a blood draw.
- Please hydrate!