Welcome to Rejuvime Medical, your source in Hammond and Baton Rouge for anti-aging treatments that address every part of your body. If you are concerned about the symptoms of aging that you are experiencing, we want to help! We have helped many patients all over Louisiana to improve their looks and their well-being, and you could enjoy the same thing! In today’s blog post, we are taking a brief look at each of the body’s systems and talking about ways that you can counteract the effects of aging. If you missed part 1, please go back and read that post, too.
4. The Cardiovascular System
Your cardiovascular system is made of the heart, arteries, veins, and blood. It’s hard to overstate the importance of your heart continuing to work properly! Day after day, year after year, you expect your heart to faithfully keep on pumping blood, and given the consequences, it’s a good thing that it doesn’t just take random breaks on us. While most people are familiar with the fact that heart disease becomes more common the older you get, what you may not realize is that your heart itself is undergoing changes, as are your blood vessels. The heart becomes slightly enlarged, with walls that are thicker and a bit stiffer, and your blood vessels become less elastic.
Tips to Counteract Aging For Your Cardiovascular System
- If you smoke, quit!
- Work with your doctor to manage any other risk factors for heart disease that you might possess, such as blood pressure, cholesterol, or diabetes.
- Limit your salt (sodium) intake and eat heart-healthy foods like oatmeal and blueberries.
- Exercise regularly. When you exercise, it builds the strength, endurance, and longevity of your heart.
5. The Nervous System
The nervous consists of your brain, spinal cord, nerves, and sensory organs. You definitely don’t want this system to go haywire. One of the first things that springs to mind for most people when they think about aging and the brain is dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. However, losing your mental sharpness isn’t the only thing that can go wrong in an aging nervous system. You can also experience the breakdown of nerves, which affects your senses, your reflexes, and your ability to perceive things you were used to experiencing, such as your sense of hearing or smell. It goes without saying that there is powerful incentive to keep your brain and nervous system sharp, as the rewards are great and the alternative is pretty scary.
Tips to Counteract Aging For Your Nervous System
- Reduce inflammation. If you have food sensitivities to something and keep eating it, it can increase your feeling of brain fog and decrease your ability to perform cognitive tasks. Eat a balanced and healthy diet instead.
- Do physical exercise. (Are you noticing a theme here? YES, physical exercise even boosts brain activity and helps you not to lose mobility due to issues with the central nervous system.)
- Do stimulating mental exercises, such as reading and solving puzzles. Always keep learning!
- Be sure to get enough sleep.
6. The Digestive System
We take our digestive systems for granted, but they truly form the foundation for the health of the whole rest of your body. The digestive system consists of the entire channel that food passes through, from the moment it enters your mouth to the time it exits as waste at the rectum. It includes your mouth, throat, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and large intestine, and colon. A lifetime of poor eating habits can wreak havoc on your digestive system, but the older you get, the more these symptoms can show up and get your attention. The good news is that the lining of your digestive tract renews itself
Tips to Counteract Aging For Your Digestive System
- Get a high-quality probiotic and be faithful about taking it regularly.
- Cut down on your consumption of sugar and any other foods that may be causing inflammation (typical culprits are wheat, dairy, nuts, soy, and fish)
- Make sure you’re consuming the right quantity of dietary fiber every day.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of pure, clear water daily.
Book Your Free Consultation Today
Are you concerned about the effects of aging on your body? Are you experiencing symptoms that are taking a toll on your well-being? Would you love to get back a youthful appearance and the well-being that you used to have? Here at Rejuvime Medical, we are here for you, and your first appointment is absolutely free. Don’t leave yourself without the knowledge of options that are available to you. You could feel as good as you look, and look as good as you feel when you work with Rejuvime Medical. Schedule your appointment today.
Also, please keep your eyes open for our next blog post, when we’ll continue the series of looking at effect of aging on each of your body’s systems.