Hormone balance is extremely important for a healthy mind and body. Think about it, hormones pretty much run your body, and they frequently change with age. Sometimes these changes are normal like puberty, menopause, and perimenopause. But other times your hormones can get out of whack due to toxins in food you eat or interact with on a daily basis, or even an unbalanced lifestyle can cause them to go crazy.
Aging is obviously a natural part of life, but unhealthy eating habits can cause an early onset of menopause. According to the Women in Balance Institute, “Hormone balance is deeply connected to the food we eat, the exercise we get, the toxins we absorb, the weight we carry, and the stress levels we put up with.” Taking in lots of sugar, carbohydrates, hydrogenated fats, and genetically modified foods can have an adverse affect on your body. Not only will it cause weight gain, but it will also affect your hormones. Most people do not realize the amount of hormones that are unknowingly consumed in the food we eat on a daily basis.
Another big trigger of hormone imbalance is stress. When stress takes over our lives cortisol floods the system and hormone production slows down. When this happens our body is forced, “to steal from its own supplies of available progesterone, to make more cortisol, thus depleting this key balancing hormone with obvious implications for estrogen dominance.” This is a perfect example of the body being forced to compensate for the stress and throwing things out of balance. With some people, a little rest and relaxation can reset their bodies, but with others it may take something like Hormone Replacement Therapy to assist their hormones in getting back into alignment.
- Based on my age, when can I expect symptoms of perimenopause or menopause, and what are the symptoms?
- What can I do to relieve and address my menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, insomnia, low energy, vaginal dryness or decreased sexual desire?
- How does Rejuvime test hormone levels? What hormones do you test and why?
- What can a provider tell me about natural or bioidentical hormones?
- Am I a candidate for bioidentical hormones? If so, and you prescribe them, how can we work together to ensure that I am getting a dose that is appropriate for me?
- If I choose hormone therapy, are there different ways I can take them such as capsules, topical creams, vaginal creams or suppositories? What are the advantages or disadvantages to these different options?
- Are there foods, nutritional supplements, and herbs that can help with symptoms and address health problems?
- What types of exercise and lifestyle changes will keep me healthy? How does exercise influence my bones, my heart, or other health issues?
Of course, menopause is a natural part of the aging process, but more and more women are experiencing estrogen dominance and a failure to ovulate at a fairly young age that can be linked to an unbalanced lifestyle. Some of the causes linked to this estrogen dominance are chronic stress, crash diets, exposure to synthetic hormones used in birth control pills, growth hormones used in the feed of the food we eat, and xenoestrogens found in many personal hygiene products. Often this takes place when women are in need of a rebalance in hormones and may want to talk to a provider to test to see if their hormones are actually out of balance. Since bioidentical hormones are recognized by your body, they are effectively assimilated and used. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy replenishes the body with the healthy hormone levels your body needs to function optimally. In addition, they are customized exactly for your specific needs to balance the body back out.
If you are feeling like your hormones are out of balance call us today to talk to a provider to see if you are a candidate for hormone replacement therapy at Rejuvime Medical! Baton Rouge (225)230-4201 Denham Springs (225)900-7009