Our wellness and anti-aging clinics in Baton Rouge and near New Orleans, Louisiana, treat men and women who are experiencing a range of symptoms associated with the aging process. The benefits range from improving the appearance of your skin to increasing your stamina.
In this blog post, we’ll describe specific ways bioidentical hormone replacement therapy at Rejuvime can counter aging’s toll on your body and mental health.
What Is Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Hormone replacement therapy works by increasing the hormonal levels in your body. It can help give you youthful, glowing skin, boost your metabolism, and balance your mood. Men and women who want to reverse changes caused by aging and hormonal imbalances can benefit in a number of ways.
How HRT Helps Fight Aging
Here are some specific anti-aging benefits of hormone replacement therapy:
- Reduces signs of skin aging: Many people aren’t aware of how hormone replacement therapy can increase skin hydration and slow the pace of skin aging. Estrogen and progesterone play a significant role in the production of collagen, one of the building blocks of firm, elastic skin. Hormone levels plummet when women go through menopause, resulting in skin that becomes wrinkly and thin. HRT elevates estrogen levels, helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Boosts energy levels: Men with low testosterone levels—often called low T—typically experience improved energy after undergoing testosterone replacement therapy. This renewed vigor leads to an increase in physical performance when men exercise regularly.
- Restores libido: Age-related hormonal imbalances can affect the sex drives of both men and women. HRT can increase an individual’s interest in intimacy and address concerns about sexual dysfunction.
- Minimizes mood swings: Another issue that affects both men and women, age-related mood changes can be caused by hormonal imbalances. Conditions such as depression and memory lapses should be addressed by your primary physician to ensure other underlying medical issues are identified, but HRT can result in more consistency in your mood.
- Builds muscle tone: Reduced muscle tone and strength is a common symptom for men with low T. Increasing testosterone levels—or, in some cases, using human growth hormone injections—helps patients build back muscle. This can lead to better workouts, increased stamina, and weight loss.
Before starting anyone on hormone replacement therapy, hormone specialists at our clinics in Baton Rouge and the greater New Orleans area conduct blood tests to ensure that women and men considering HRT can benefit from the treatment. If you’re interested in hormone replacement therapy and want to discuss your options with a member of our team, request a consultation using the online form or call us at one of our locations: (225) 960-1580 (Baton Rouge) or (504) 252-9579 (Metairie).